|Attendees will enjoy Libby Langdon as master of ceremonies; watch recorded messages featuring former U.S. Vice President Al Gore; learn winners of SFC’s first-ever #GetYourGreenOn design competition; and celebrate 10 years of commitment to sustainability in the home furnishings marketplace|
Edenton, NC -- The Sustainable Furnishings Council’s 10th Anniversary Celebration is shaping up to be one of the most celebratory, informative and must-attend events of fall High Point Market. Everyone is being invited to RSVP online.
The fête, set for on , at The Lofts at Union Square in High Point, will connect manufacturers, retailers, interior designers and affiliate partners who will be greeted by interior designer, home furnishings licensee and television personality Libby Langdon as master of ceremonies.
An evening of robust programming will mark the milestones achieved by SFC, an organization that has grown from a handful of like-minded and passionate advocates to a 400 member-strong non-profit that offers consumer guidance; educational programming, including the industry's first certificate program in sustainability; exclusive consumer research; and more.
During the anniversary celebration — portions of which will be broadcast via Facebook Live — attendees will be treated to:
• A personalized recorded message from former U.S. Vice President and environmental advocate Al Gore, who will commemorate the Sustainable Furnishings Council’s accomplishments. The message will be introduced by Mitchell Gold of Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams.
• The announcement of the SFC’s #GetYourGreenOn design competition winners. This new design competition celebrates interior designers and firms who specify products of SFC manufacturer members.
• An announcement about a consumer-facing quality mark initiative that will help consumers find furniture that’s free of certain chemicals of concern that frequently occur in furnishings, such as flame retardants, stain repellents, anit-microbials, vinyls, and volatile organic compounds like formaldehyde. The American Sustainable Business Council, the Center for Environmental Health. and Parsons The New School Healthy Materials Lab are among SFC's illustrious partners in leading this initiative. Guests at the event will be invited to join in taking a pledge to ask about chemicals of concern in products before they make a furniture purchase.
• An update from the World Wildlife Fund regarding its Wood Scorecard Project, which investigates how much the furniture industry knows about where its wood resources come from, and identifies companies that have robust wood sourcing policies in place.
• A raffle offering luxury vacations, fine art, jewelry and other exciting prizes.
• Local and organic food prepared by 1618 On Location, a Greensboro, NC-based enterprise that also parks a food truck near Market at Suites at Market Square during High Point Market.
• Entertainment by Federico Pivetta & Friends, a local band that will play jazz and swing and entice attendees to cap off the evening with dancing.
The Sustainable Furnishings Council’s 10th Anniversary Celebration is proudly sponsored by the following companies and brands: Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Home Furnishings, Room & Board Furnishings, The Saatva Company, International Market Centers, Hearst Design Group, Furniture World magazine, Organic Spa magazine, Interiors magazine, Dwell magazine, World Wildlife Fund, Home Trends & Design, Lee Industries, American Leather, Vanguard Furniture, Feizy, Naturecast, Rainforest Alliance, Jaipur Living, Underwriter Laboratories, Kreber, Currey & Company, Phillips Collection, Sobremesa, ReSTYLEsource, Nine Muses Media LLC, Weston Farms, Cisco Brothers, Simply Amish, Phil Kean Group, Dann Foley Lifestyle Group, Gat Creek, Wellness Within Your Walls, Durham Furniture, Nourison, Avangard Innovative, Gotcha Covered, Greenington Furniture, Crypton, Brentwood Classics, Valdese Weavers, The Lofts at Union Square, Bee, Selamat, French Heritage, Copeland Furniture, Circle Furniture, Naturepedic, West Bros, American Sustainable Business Council, and E.J. Victor. Everyone is invited. Response requested by .