Sustainable Furnishings Council is pleased to provide our members and the home furnishings industry at large with consulting services to improve the sustainability of operations. Services provided include:
- Waste Reduction: Reducing waste and expense in retail and furniture manufacturing operations.
- Sales & Marketing: Proven green consumer insight, marketing strategies and sales training for furniture wholesalers and retailers.
- Sourcing: Services for sourcing sustainable manufacture and materials: wood, textiles, non-toxic finishes, etc. Services also cover developing robust sourcing policies.
- Greening manufacturing and retail operations: Focus on helping furniture businesses gain market share, reduce their negative environmental and social impacts. Specifics include sustainable business program and metric development (including carbon footprint), product assessment, certification guidance, employee/client education, and marketing assistance.
- Life Cycle Assessment: ISO-14040 compliant LCA
- Environmental Product Declarations: ISO-14025 compliant LCA
Services are provided by SFC staff and SFC-endorsed consultants who are themselves members of the SFC and also have demonstrated to us that they are effective in delivering useful services to their clients.
Click here to contact us about providing the services you are seeking and we will help you find the best consultant to serve your needs. Though prices vary, SFC members always receive preferential rates.