You are here
Best Practice Achievements
1. The Healthier Homes new model home / offices has a garage that serves as a packing and receiving facility equipped with windows for natural light, LED lighting, and ample insulation in the walls to help cut down on heating and cooling costs year-round.
2. Rather than accepting bulk paint and product deliveries as the pallets arrive, HH has partnered with a final mile service in Austin that serves as our receiving center to cut back on the frequency of freight deliveries.
3. Healthier Home's commitment to the environment extends to our sister company, JS2 Partners Healthy Home Builders. JS2 Partners uses commercial grade closed cell foam insulation, multistage energy efficient HVAC units, solid hardwoods, LED lighting, nontoxic building materials and zero VOC paints. Every single material is vetted to be free from offgassing and healthy for humans, pets, and the environment.
1. All materials used to manufacture Healthier Homes' paints, cleaners and sealers are zero HAPs (hazardous air pollutants).
2. Our manufacturing partners for the new line of HH solid hardwood furnishings repurposes their leftover wood shaving and pieces them into useful parts for other furnishings.
3. All home décor, finishes and fixtures we feature in the Healthier Homes shop are made from natural materials with handmade / organic / natural finishes. Many of our products are global fair trade which enable work opportunities for talented artisans and their families.
4. All boxes and stuffing materials are repurposed for outgoing shipments.
5. What cannot be repurposed or reused is recycled.
6. We advocate for ways to repurpose our Healthier Homes paint product containers and are always looking for new ideas!
7. The Healthier Homes model home / offices include: all low/no VOC construction materials and low/no VOC furnishings made from naturally sourced, sustainable components.
1. Healthier Homes continues to spend a great deal of time researching and sharing information about materials and products used in construction, furnishings and fixtures.
2. Our focus remains on the health and wellbeing of the occupants inside of a home and the sustainable nature of our products. It is our hope to spread awareness and educate consumers on the benefits of healthy, sustainable living through our new book, Healthier Homes, as well as through our blog, videos, and social media.
3. The Healthier Homes team vets our manufacturing and wholesale partners to ensure they uphold the same quality sustainability we expect and practice. We’re excited to learn more about other SFC members!
4. We're proud to be a part of the SFC's initiatives and mission and look forward to working together towards bettering living environments and enabling our planet to thrive.