You are here
Best Practice Achievements
2019: We at Jaipur Living are committed to sustainability and making all efforts to succeed in our vision of a sustainable future where business is an agent of world benefit. To make our motherland and environment more sustainable, we are taking multiple initiatives, which are as follows:
* Reduction in consumption of Grid Power: We are moving towards converting our buildings into Green buildings and the steps taken are to provide access to sunlight in the workplace, reduction in running of air conditioners through providing proper ventilation. Also we have installed LED lights in place of traditional lighting systems.
* Installing indoor natural plantations which can absorb the bad air and produce purified air.
* Solar Power plant implementation: We are in process of installing solar power plants in all of our warehouses as well as production plants. The next target for us at Jaipur rugs is to convert all our buildings to Net Zero buildings, so all of the energy required for our manufacturing plants will be produced through renewable energy sources only.
* Reduction in Fossil Fuels: One of the biggest causes of pollution in today’s era is excessive consumption of fossil fuels for transportation. We at Jaipur have started targeting this as well. We encourage everyone to carpool to reduce fuel consumption in these two ways: by carpooling with other employees, and by contracting the local cab service company to provide commuting services to the office, which is cheaper than employees driving singly.
* Plastic ban: We have banned single use plastic in all our premises and banned the use of plastic water bottles. In replacement of plastic water bottles we have supplied stainless steel water bottles at the workplace for employees.
* Recycling of waste: We are very much concerned about the management of waste. So for this we have contracted with the licensed waste management companies for all kind of waste, be it IT waste, paper waste, or industrial waste. We have installed Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP) in our production plants to recycle the waste water. After treatment of the waste water, we use it for our plantations.
2015: We are updating our technology to waste less energy in the warehouse and in office.
2014: We have put in place motion sensitive lights throughout our facility to help with energy consumption.
2019: We are now using 100% ecofriendly and compostable supplies in our café area at HPMT. We are serious about our commitment to helping live a more sustainable life.
2015: We are moving towards our files being 100% paperless by the end of the year.
2014: We continually work on a zero waste policy where our excess raw good are made into one of a kind artisan items to be sold to consumers to eliminate waste.
2019: We have collaborated with United Nations bodies like UNDP (United Nations Development Program), Business Call to Action and the UN Foundation "Every Women Every Child" Campaign. We have made commitments to share our company policies and practices of Sustainability with the global audience at forums like Social Enterprise World Forum, Global Engagement Forum, and other UN events. We educate our customers at the various trade shows and make an attempt through our marketing campaigns and collateral.
We are members of a steering group set up by Nest, a nonprofit based out of New York. With them, we are working towards building a new hand-worker economy to increase the global workforce inclusivity, to improve women’s well-being beyond factories, and to preserve important cultural traditions around the world through more ethical and transparent supply chains.
In the future we plan to develop and publish a Jaipur Living Sustainability Report to share and promote our commitment to sustainability and the environment.
2015: We are creating a website page to promote and educate about Jaipur's environmental practices and continuing efforts to educate our customers.
2014: We are planning to educate our customer more on our zero waste policy.