You are here
SFC 10th Anniversary Celebration at High Point
On October 21, 2016 SFC celebrated 10 years of serving the furnishings community.
The organization's 2nd decade started in the same space where it all began in the fall of 2006. The celebratory review, MC'ed by Libby Langdon, included with exciting announcements, stirring speeches & a great party on the top floor of the Union Square Building.
Celebration Program Highlights included:
- Libby Langdon served beautifully as Master of Ceremonies
- Special recorded Keynote video message from Former Vice President Al Gore, introduced by Mitchell Gold of Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams
- Steve Freeman, president of the SFC Board of Directors provided a glimpse at future priorities, including work with key partners like WWF and ASBC, before those organizations elaborated
- Amy Smith of the World Wildlife Fund discussed the importance of forests in absorbing CO2 emissions and other pollutants as well as for manufacture of furniture.
- David Levine, co-founder of the American Sustainable Business Council, announced the new "What's It Made of?" Initiative which SFC is a partner in with the Center for Environmmental Health, Parsons The New School Healthy Materials Lab, and others. Nearly 400 signed the pledge to ask "What's it made of?" and noted their preference for products free from VOC's including formaldehyde, flame retardant chemicals, flourinated stain treatments, antimicrobials, and vinyl, especially PVC.
- Fabulous prizes were raffled: a vacation stay at a private Cashiers retreat, a case of wine from 3 Sisters Vineyard, jewelry from Nancy Price, an elegant evening purse, luxury linens from Libeco, and a wellness basket from BEE.
- Local organic food by 1618
- Music by Federico Pivetta & Friends
Sean Sullivan of Hearst Design Group announced the winners of #GetYourGreenOn Design Competition:
- Paola McDonald, Olamar Interiors - 2016 Grand Prize Winner
- Dann Foley, Dann, Inc. - 2016 Category Winner: Outdoor Spaces, $30,001 & above
- Robin Wilson, Robin Wilson Home - 2016 Category Winner, Shared Spaces, $30,000 & below; Rachel Winokur, Rachel Winokur Interiors - 2016 category finalist
- Sheree Vincent, Fusion Designed - 2016 Category Winner, Shared Spaces, $30,001 & above; Dann Foley, Dann, Inc.-2016 category finalist
500 SFC members and friends mingled in celebration of SFC's work to ensure a healthy future for us all!
SFC TEN Years, Vol 1 SFC TEN Years, Vol 2
SFC TEN Years, Vol 3