You are here
Sustainability Essentials Webinar: Wood, Forests, & Embodied Carbon
Wood, Forests, and Embodied Carbon
January 16, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EST
Please join us as Jason Grant explains why increased forest protection and improved stewardship are key to addressing the climate crisis and reducing the carbon footprint of wood furniture. Learn how the furnishings industry can help!
- Forests' role in combatting climate change.
- Is increased wood use beneficial or detrimental?
- Forest carbon: what it is, how it works, and why it determines the real carbon footprint of wood products.
- Climate-friendlier forestry and practical wood procurement strategies to promote it.
- Illegally logged and traded wood products: the climate connection and a new, innovative approach to avoiding illegal wood in furniture manufacturing.
For 25 years, Jason has been a leader in the sustainable forestry and green building movements. He is the principal of Jason Grant Consulting and works with companies and NGOs on policy, advocacy, marketing, training and compliance. A LEED AP BD+C, Jason is recognized as an expert in ecological forest products, forest certification and forest legality. Early in his career, he co-founded EcoTimber, one of the first companies in the world to bring to market products from forests certified to the stringent environmental and social standards of the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
Content also includes a synopsis of GREENleaders, the industry's first certified sustainability training course. This webinar is intended to give participants useful information you can begin using in your business immediately as well as answer any questions you may have about getting the most out of SFC Membership.
Event List Priority